LMA Was Kinda Right

Drawing out and aggregating the musings, expressions, rants, drawings, textual weavings, and otherwise passionate craftings of and between four not-ficticious, not-so-little women. And their momma.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

F is for Fear

Meg's comment needs to be a post. We can definitely expand on this topic.

Here 'tis:

f...if i may suggest. stands for frightening. Like the f...future. I like the everchanging, so yea! we can post what we want... when we want, danmint! crap, i missspelled that. But it still feels good. Fright! what a good world we live in, but when it gets down to the nitty gritty, I get a little frightened by my inability to change it. I mean, I can be who I am, and live my life in a good way, but if I KNOw that (but I could throw down a big if), if i should stay awake real late tonight, and stay up to say, this morning, am I missin out on what i could have been doing that day? Or am I just livin my life as it happens and not really embracing the reality that, if I don't change the way I am living life now, when will I? WHen I write it on the blog the future doesn't seem so frightening, cause you two will still real what I write.

3 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Blogger aimee said...

yeah. some things are scary.
and fear of unknown things stops all of us from moving ahead on what we want so much more than any actual obstacles do.

it's hard, but some the best things are done in acknowledging that some of the stuff we're up against are pretty scary things, then making ourselves laugh and say, "whoaaaah! yer scary!" to, as we do our thang.

"When I dare to be powerful - to use my strength in the service of my vision – then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid." - Audre Lorde

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger X Bethlehem said...

I have a strange reaction to fear: I trample it. At least I try to. I once turned around at the airport from a trip home on a vacation to go back to the vacation town and do something I was afraid to do in the moment. I think it's why I went and got married so young - I'd never entertained the idea, and it frightened me so much that I just had to do it to see what was so scary.

It's probably why I've often said such blunt and ill-placed things, as well. I would be afraid to say something, and my natural reaction would just push it all out, then and there.

So I say, fear is to be trampled. But maybe a little thought going into the best way to trample can help one avoid some embarrassing situations, as a result.

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger aimee said...

we'll discuss it tomorra

 

Post a Comment

<< Home