LMA Was Kinda Right

Drawing out and aggregating the musings, expressions, rants, drawings, textual weavings, and otherwise passionate craftings of and between four not-ficticious, not-so-little women. And their momma.

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

A is for A letter to bet and meggoo from LMA.

Hello, dear bet and meggoo.

It has been quite a number of days since you have come to visit me, and I thought it time to write to address your sudden and quite unexpected absence.

It was only a few weeks ago that you would pop in daily to say "hello" and bandy about some with banter. My my. Yes, we shared rousingly serious and thoughtful discussions, and also mused lightly about delightfully frivolous things. Do you remember? Cocktails? Nicknames? Batavia? Privacy issues? Alcohol-induced feelings of power? We even engaged in a few fiesty rounds of meggo-made mad libs. Knee-slappers, indeed! Oh, we had such fun together in those days. Ah, yes. Good times. Good times.

Now, I would like to apologize if I have done something to cause you to stay away. I know I can be demanding at times, and that, when life gets busy, I sometimes do have to accept that I will need to take a backseat. I don’t mean to make you feel guilty for avoiding me – I know that you do what you need to do. However, oh, perhaps it is because of the holiday season upon us, but I am feeling quite lonely and -- yes, I will confess – rather neglected these days. How I long for those days when you used to stop by! The excitement in the exchange! The sharp wit and finely crafted wording! The glib off-the-cuff bluntness! The brash advances toward the edges of scandal! All are but a well-documented memory now. And life, she is left empty and devoid of the vibrancy that once blossomed so abundantly.

I would be so pleased if you were able to come back to visit again soon. Poor amalier stops in quite often. She seems to be trying to keep up a conversation with herself these days, and, just between us, it is actually rather pathetic to watch. A grown woman talking to herself! It’s downright disgraceful. Has the girl no shame? (*ahem…) However, the topics she raises are indeed lively and interesting, and I am quite confident that you would much enjoy your time with me upon your return.

My hopes are high for seeing you again soon.

My most cordial wishes to you and yours.

Your forlorn blogfriend,

LMA Was Kinda Right
http://louisamay.blogspot.com

1 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger X Bethlehem said...

We are all far too abashed to reply. Especially amalier, who the blog seemed to take a special interest in flogging.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home