LMA Was Kinda Right

Drawing out and aggregating the musings, expressions, rants, drawings, textual weavings, and otherwise passionate craftings of and between four not-ficticious, not-so-little women. And their momma.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

C is for Cookie

Thats good enough for me!
Hey!
It time we changed the subject, on with the ALphabet!
I love cookies. Milanos, and a nice Pfefferneusen. MM. Its all nice and coated with powdered sugar right out of the oven.
And anything with hazelnuts in it. I like Nilla wafers from the box. Sometimes it is nice having a cookie right out of the box. or bag. I like ginger cookies and Matts chocolate chip cookies.
I have never read on of those 10000 cookie recipe books, but woo hoo. It would be fun to make a few new cookies this year. Ones Ive never made. Ones I've only dreamed of while I sleep. Dreamy cookies. With coconut, or thumb print cookies, made with nuts and filled with fig jam, or a healthy cookie. Just think! A healthy cookie. BUt nah. Maybe a cookie that is filled with ingredients that are SO bad for you, the only thing to do with them is to give them to neighbors and friends. Let them get plumpy this year.
its too late for me. I have plumped up for the winter, and hope that I can truly not eat sweets this year, or at least find something that is good to snack on. Like crunchy green beans that have been steamed and salted. NOw those are a favorite alternative to cookie munching.
BUt I have been nothing against baking. NOthing at all. I hope to make lots of things this christmas. Momma and I have been stocking up on butter and such things. I have little boxes so we can pass them out to people.
I hope you all will bring a few recipes with you to Chicago, or e-mail them to me so I can keep an eye out for the ingredients.
So far, I have BIg dried cherries, and coconut. Raspberry chocolate, and some neat sugar we can spin in strands.....nuts! I have nuts! and honey. good baking pans, and cocoa powder. good good things.


6 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger X Bethlehem said...

Jolie says:

I don't like milanos. I don't like milanos because I ate too many of them when I was little and I really like Meg's homemade cookies. So much that I've lost the taste for any bad cookies. I really like the raspberry and blueberry shortbreads or whatever. That's all.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger aimee said...

i love cookies. LOVE them. i would eat them all day. but i don't. because they make me crazy.
xo

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger meggoo said...

Hey, the blueberry shortbread things are SO easy to make. you only need a food processor. And techinically they are bars. NOthing fancy, bars. and I do think that Jolie will forever love these bars. They are just the one thing that I make besides the Strawberry bread that she really really likes.
YEA!
I have been trying to keep up and all, and I see that, BIG SHOCKER Aimee! YOU really do love those little cookies that melt in you mouth from the Swedish Bakery! C'mon, you know it! the sugar might be something you body doesn't dig but, you do like some cookies.
And Beth, sweet seastar...you have to name afew of your personal favorite cookies. just for the record.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger aimee said...

meggoo,
i LOOOOOVE cookies. from the swedish bakery, from the bakeries in amsterdam, from random vendors, from the oven, from the bag (sometimes). i love them all, pretty much. i don't have many discriminating powers when it comes to the cookies. and i will not expand any further on my love, because i have stated my emotions plainly, and wish to keep at bay the pain that comes from keeping at a distance that which you love.
smooches!

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger aimee said...

word on the street is that bet's favorite cookies are, uh, rasperry frangipan bars (she's very fancy in her drinks and cookies). it's really a tart, so it doesn't count as a cookie. but it is cut in bars. so maybe it counts. really her favorite are plain old butter cookies frosted. she used to like those smiley face cookies, but they don't make em like they used to.

i like cookie dough. anykind. well, chocolate chip, mostly. when asked if she eats the choc chips in em, she responded "sparingly." and said she might eat two or three. in one sitting. that's harly sparingly. that's meagerly.

"and that's about it for cookies. i'll sometimes eat those pepridge farm cookies or nutter butters, but i don't really care for them much." she prefers cupcakes. "oh, how i love cup cakes." her halloween was based around cup cakes. and evil barbie stolen dolls.

"i'd prefer a good cupcake. really." she says in closing.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger aimee said...

bring on the cookies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home